Valentine’s Day is almost here, and since our pets can’t enjoy a dozen roses or a box of chocolates, it’s time to get a little crafty. Show some love for your four-legged friends with this easy (no-sew) DIY heart toy! Courtesy of prettyfluffy.com
What you’ll need:
- Fleece (1 yard makes 3-4 toys)
- Heart Stencil (or a steady hand)
- Fold your fleece in half to create two layers.
- Using a sharpie or marker, trace a heart with a stencil (or freehand it!) onto the fleece.
- Keeping the two layers together, cut the fabric into a circle about 2 inches around the outside of the heart (to leave room for tying knots).
- Cut two slits on the edge of the heart, then tie the two pieces together. Double-knot it to make sure it’s secure.
- Repeat until most of the heart is tied, leaving a small hole.
- Fill the heart using your extra fleece as stuffing. Make sure to use long, wide strips rather than tiny pieces.
- Finish tying until the heart is sealed.
- Trim the edges of the ties.
- Present your gift to your fluffy Valentine!